Apr 20, 2010

A Landmark of Sorts

I live in a very beautiful, very sheltered bubble. It goes by the name of Santa Barbara.

This last weekend I traveled out of country, well county, but it felt like a different country. I went to Bakersfield. This wasn't my first visit but when my trip to Walmart was life changing, I realized, far too quickly that I live in this bubble.

I spent the weekend preparing for wedding #2 that will be there, in the brides hometown. There was ALOT of wedding activities and ribbon and labels and flowers and decisions and stamps but looking back on the weekend with the girls, I would have to say a highlite was Chickfilet. Yes, the fast food chain. We don't have one in my bubble, but we should. The food was fine, but the service...well, let me tell you about the service**.











Have you ever been to a fast food restaurant where they walk around offering refills on your soda? Have you ever asked for something at any restaurant where the response is always, "my pleasure"? Have you ever heard of a fast food restaurant being closed on Sundays because they respect the sabbath?

Well if you answered "no" to any of these questions, that means you have not been to Chick-fil-A. The food is fine, a little healthier than most fast food, but it really doesn't matter because the whole experience is so magical. On our way out, an employee even remembered that Jolie had been debating what to order, and asked her how her salad was. I mean, come on! That is service.

**I should get paid for this post. right?

1 comment:

  1. The lemonade is made with lemons, sugar and water. That's it. Naturally, we're planning on having gallons and gallons of it at the Searerimony.

    ReplyDelete