Apr 16, 2010

Why no blogging for 2 weeks, you ask?

Let’s be honest, most of you aren’t asking this, nor have you noticed. But it is the title of this post nonetheless (I think it is fantastic that this is all one word not just because it looks cool but because it is correct). I will not be answering my own question but rather in true Dwight Shrute fashion, I will give you some facts:


Fact: the average life of a blog is 1.5 years or something (can you see that I have done elaborate research?)

Fact: I have been so sick of my juvenile lay-out of this blog and suffering from intense blog envy. Yet, don’t have the energy or sincere desire to change it, so I avoid it.

Fact: Wedding season has officially begun. Not the actual weddings I am in, but the showers and hoopla that lead up to them all. This takes time.

Fact: I work at a computer all day and don’t want to get on one at home to post anything.

Fact: I think of blog posts all the time and they are so clever or meaningful or funny and then I forget them when the time comes to posting so I conclude they are in fact none of those things.

Fact: A certain someone told me blogs are “shameless self promotion”.

Sub-fact: I believe there are many, many points to refute this as well as many, many reasons to have a blog for other reasons, HOWEVER it has made me question certain posts that would otherwise go up.

Fact: I am not subtly telling you this is the end, just giving you some facts.

Fact: With 7 weddings this Summer, 5 of which I get to be a part of, there is no way I’ll be able to keep stories and pictures from any faithful readers.

7 comments:

  1. fact: I cared and wondered why your blog hadn't made a peep in the last two weeks.

    fact: shameless self promotion? I beg to differ. Shameless self awesomeness.

    fact: Thank you for your excellent blog research. Mine is at that critical year stage. And then year and half is around the bend. I've got to make it past that.
    [subfact: I love shameless self promotion hence the mention of my own blog]

    fact: You are great.

    fact: I love "blowing up all over your blog"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you sister.

    Everything but the wedding part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm guessing becca said its shameless self-promotion?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No. I almost put a link to the face of the culprit (Luke), but decided I wasn't quite ready to unveil the bf on the blog. Becca is the biggest self-promoter of them all

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha...I was going to comment and say "Luke said it's shameless self promotion didn't he..." and then in reading the comments, my guess was accurate. You can punch him in the throat for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just so you know, Joy, your blog as a large part of my blog envy.

    I will punch Luke in the throat. Maybe I'll even tell him why...or just let him wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. as=is.

    maybe my blog sucks because i dont edit.

    ReplyDelete