Jan 27, 2010

Why my 8-5 is the bomb-diggity



I like my job.



It feels weird saying that. Not because it is all that shocking but because I feel like I wasn't supposed to feel that way until I was pursuing my passions and living out my dreams. I would explain to you what it is that I do, but I'd rather keep the few followers that I do have. But in short, I work in the credit card processing industry. No offense to, well, anybody that has a passion in this industry, but it is not the reason I like my job. I like my job for other reasons (shocking it is not the thrill of Visa/Mastercard interchange, I know). I like it because I laugh and am comfortable with my co-workers laughing at me. Because I wear dress pants to work but the people I work with dont have their panties in a bunch. Because our boss understands how much we value casual friday and often turns it into casual week (when, God forbid, we get some rain). Because there is a shared love of Yogurtland and Starbucks. Because the constant battle between the air temperature is ultimately decided by me due to my conveniant location next to the thermostat. Because I sing to myself most of the day, and my co-workers haven't told me to shut up yet, even if they want to. Because on June 7th we are all going to see U2 in concert. Because I put most people on hold to ask questions I have asked a million times, and I still get answers. Because this season of life would be a lot suckier if it weren't for people I enjoyed being around for the majority of my day. This is all more simply put by saying, I am thankful. I whine about the adjustment to an 8-5 job and gripe about not having time for anything, but if I am here for 9 hours of my day, I can genuinely say I am thankful it is at Axia.

It has been a little over three months and some may say I am still in the honey moon phase and I am sure some days I will despise the thought of taking another call from a merchant that doesn't understand anything (that is my cynical side), but for now, I like my job. It feels really good to say that.

AND instead of reporting her to the HR department, I have instead decided to post this picture of my lovely friend, Shannel. She sits a desk over and provides a lot of comic relief. Even if it means harrassing me with post-its.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, that's sweet Hayley. I'm glad you like it here. Although I don't recommend you pull a move like that again. You'll be cruisin' for a bruisin', or maybe just an equally flattering photo exhibited on my blog.

    much love,

    Shannel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoooooo for Axia! Thanks for bringing lots of laughter and enthusiasm to the office :) We appreciate you lots!

    PS: feel free to throw something at me when I am imitating an accent that’s not appropriate for this office (you know what I mean) ;)

    ReplyDelete